Flooded Meadows at Old Amersham

Saturday, July 27, 2024

19th July : Foxes delight.

I walked alongside the river Chess from near the centre of Chesham this morning, always a pleasant walk even in the town starting from Meades Water Garden.



















A family of Moorhens were feeding behind the parking bays.


 













































The field where Lapwings bred up until last year is now looking good for passage Wheatears & Chats.






























One of the sources of the river Chess, in past years this has been dry, but following the wet Winter/Spring it's good to see it flowing well in the Pednor Valley.



















As I walked along I could hear a Red Kite constantly calling, I eventually spied it at the top of a tree.

















Cautiously walking a bit further I gained a clearer view.
















Then it was off.















A few more steps along the road where I happened to look through a gap in the hedge just in time to see a Fox disappear into the vegetation. 















I hung around a bit hoping it would reappear, which it did along with two more chasing each other through the vegetation, presumably a family group, unfortunately I was only able to photograph them singularly.

 













































Don.
Images : Copyright © Don Stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment