Flooded Meadows at Old Amersham

Sunday, November 18, 2018

18th November..... Curlew.

After visiting a friend in Aylesbury this morning, I took the scenic route home, returning via the Aylesbury Vale villages instead of the main road. It took me an hour & three quaters rather than half an hour, but was well worth it when I came across a Curlew. I'd pulled over to check out a flock of c30 Black-headed Gulls, walked across the road just catching a glimpse of a wader alighting out in the middle of a low growing Brassica crop, where it began to feed. My second Curlew in the county this year. Also 2 Sky Larks in same field & Buzzard on telegraph pole.
Further on near Kimble Wick I spotted a flock of Golden Plovers in flight in the distance.
Back at home I put out bird seed for the first time this Winter, as colder weather is forecast.
Don.

No comments:

Post a Comment